In the cannabis trend, the latest player is definitely Delta 8-THC. It is believed that it has a similar effect to marijuana but it is unregulated and there are some risks attached too. It is seen that many people have started looking for the best ‘Medical dispensary (near me)’ on the internet because they wish to procure Delta 8-THC without any hassle. But what exactly is Delta 8-THC?
How to define Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC is mainly a compound that is found in cannabis and hemp plants that can provide a good ‘high’ along with offering some physical benefits. Since it can be derived from hemp, it has become popular in recent years. Though delta 8 THC is similar to delta 9 THC, the only difference between the two is the way the chemical bonds are formed. This makes Delta 8 less potent than Delta 9. Technically speaking, Delta-8 is also known as Delta-8 Tetrahydrocannabinol and is a natural constituent of hemp plants and cannabis. The amount of THC is less than 0.3%.
Things you should know about CBD oil, Delta 8 THC
A few things about Delta 8 THC and CBD oil that you should be aware of are-
- Delta-8 THC has intoxicating and psychoactive effects.
- CBD oil and Delta 8 THC products should be kept out of the reach of pets and children.
- These products are not approved or evaluated by the FDA for safe use and might put public health at risk.
Methods of consuming Delta 8 THC
The availability of Delta 8 THC depends from state to state. Some states might put age restrictions so it is best to first research the regulations related to Delta 8 in your state. The methods of consuming Delta 8 THC might also vary from person to person. The forms in which the drug is available are-
- Delta-8 edibles
- Topical creams
- Delta-8 gummies
- In the form of powder to mix with liquid or drinks.
- Can be added to cooking oil
- Delta-8 Vapes
- Delta-8 Gummies
- Delta-8 smokable flower
The best and smart way is to first get in touch with your primary care physician to make sure that the use of Delta-8 won’t affect any pre-existing conditions. Always remember that no matter how good it is but it is a form of drug and you should be careful with it before consuming it. As an aware citizen, you can also check the certificate of analysis which is featured on the sellers’ and growers’ websites so that you can clarify your doubts about what exactly are you buying and what is the quality of the product.
Effects and side effects of Delta 8 THC
In case you are looking for a Medical dispensary (near me) on the internet, make sure that you understand the effects and side effects of Delta 8 THC.
- It offers a feeling of relaxation.
- It stimulates appetite.
- It helps in restful sleep.
- In some cases, it helps to deal with body pain.
- It excretes feelings of euphoria.
- It helps to boost mental health.
- It calms down nausea.
- During cancer treatments, it helps to prevent vomiting.
Once you consume Delta-8 THC, it will take around 30 minutes to show its effects on your body. Some people might experience side effects of the same. The potential side effects include-
- Increased appetite.
- You might experience short-term memory loss.
- Anxiety issues
- Dry mouth
- Red eyes
- The reaction time becomes slow
- Impaired coordination
Who shouldn’t consume Delta-8 THC?
There is a section of society that shouldn’t consume this drug. Read below to understand better-
- Pregnant women- The drug can have a harmful effect on fetal development.
- Adolescents- Since the brain is still developing until the age of 25, adolescents shouldn’t experiment with any kind of drugs.
- Women trying to conceive- In case you are planning to start a family, stay away from any kind of drug because it might affect your immune system. It might also affect the fetus’s immune system development.
To Sum It Up
Where to buy Delta 8 THC?
Since Delta 8 THC isn’t licensed or regulated by the government, you might not be able to find it at any dispensaries. But there are various stores that focus on CBD oil, Delta 8 THC, and similar drugs. You can even order Delta 8 THC through online retailers which might give you a much larger selection of options. One thing you should always keep in mind is that it is important that you do your research well and make sure that the product that you are purchasing from any Medical dispensary (near me) should be safe to use. The immediate effect of this drug has been on the brain and body, potential long-term effects still remain unknown.